Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My blog got hacked

You saw what happened. (points below)

I managed to recover the bloody gmail account. And that is because of the cookies in IE. Whoever said IE sucks is WRONG! Because Mozilla, somehow, didn't let me in.

My xiaxue@gmail and blogger accounts got hacked.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER. The fucker deleted all my archives. I cannot imagine the amount of work I have to do.

And you can see what he wrote below. Asswipe!

Ok, guess what? I am exhausted. You, who are possibly asleep, missed the whole saga, which lasted like 2 whole hours.

In my anxiety, all the while crying, I wrote several emails, to many people, including all the bloggers I know:

Can you guys, please, help me put this message up on your respective blogs? If it is not too much trouble. Please help me spread the word:



Dear readers of xiaxue.blogspot.com,

Yes, indeed, my blog has been hacked. I understand some of you might be sending emails to me right now, alerting me, and the thought warms my heart (which is very startlingly cold right now mind you).

Unfortunately, the hacker is quite clever. He also managed to guess the password to my gmail account. My 3,000 emails, some of which very important business contacts, are all gone.

*snap!* Gone.

The last time I saw my account, I saw two new emails, and these were the only two. I thought Gmail cocked up on me. I laughed, refreshed, and hey, I got logged out! To my horror I couldn't log in anymore. Can you imagine the amount of time he or she took to delete everything?

Checking blogger.... GONE TOO!

How wonderful. A total of 12 or so blogs, all painstakingly done up, all gone. The media center, the FAQs, the photolog, the Hate site. My hard work of 3 years, gone.

Vanished into thin air now! How very cruel this person is. I wonder what made him or her do this.

I remember I once told Adrian, "You know what is my greatest fear?" "What?" he mumbled (not because he wanted to mumble but because he only grunts and mumbles).

It was that someone would hack into my blogger account.

Adrian laughed and said, "Then did you save all your blog files?"

I told him no. He scolded me and said, "Then you better go and save them now!"

And I did! The latest, however, was the May archives. So if you do have ways to get back the June and July archives, or you saved them even, do tell me! I never thought I would ever be thanking this person, but... xialanbin.blogspot.com did put in some work in copying my files afterall. The URL for my archives are there.

It will be hard work doing up all the old blog entries again. It will take a lot of time and sweat, but I can do it.

Because being Xiaxue means nothing can get me down, ever. Especially when so many of you are with me. Thank you Shuyin, for waking up at 430am to help me.

I started out with nothing, and I can do it all over again. I will stop those bloody tears right this moment.

Help me spread the word. Help me put this message on your blog. Do not email me at xiaxue@gmail.com from now until I get back my account. If you want a word, please email me at wendycheng@gmail.com.

Thank you.

The real Wendy
[Because this email can be authenticated by my friends Shuyin, Wanyi, Mrbrown, Mr Miyagi and Kenny Sia.]




Thanks bloggers!



I am super exhausted now. I can't believe I managed to get my account back. I am really happy. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING JOKE. Please still do tell me how to get back my two months worth of archives if you can.

I'll write more tomorrow. My eyes are swollen and I am about to faint from the fatigue. Knn my heart was like a rubber band just now.


The most embarrassing thing is that I also emailed blogger support, blogger buzz, as well as .... Biz Stone to ask for help.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow when I wake up I tell you everything.


Wendy

Funny. Now that this fucker has logged into my blogger account before I feel disgusted by it. Like a body that has been tainted by a rapist.

47 Comments:

Blogger jeffyen said...

I'm very very sorry to hear this, Wendy... damn... :(

5:24 PM  
Blogger Ah 9 said...

hope everything is resolved soon. change your passwords periodically. =)

6:46 PM  
Blogger StupidGenius said...

This is very sad. I am sorry to hear this. I hope you can get back all ur stuff in the end.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jay V said...

condolences. i hope you get the b-turd.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Zhe Bin said...

i'm glad you got your account back because this morning it was on the hands of the goddamned hacker; and at the same time sorry you had to experience this really painful mishap (though it certainly is not).

and it really warms my heart somehow when you said "I started out with nothing, and I can do it all over again. I will stop those bloody tears right this moment."

stay strong.

7:46 PM  
Blogger XiaXueLover said...

Those motherfuckers. Let me at em come on bitches. Its ok they are mad cause they didn't get famous on their blogs and no one reads them. I now will go to my site www.xiaxueissmokin.blogspot.com and add what you asked us to. Stay strong and don't resort to killing just torture ^^

8:29 PM  
Blogger kiawin said...

truly understand your sadness over the lost of all your important info over the mail and blogspot. however, do take a note that many cracker used the left over cookie to re-login to other people's account. In this case, IE wasn't that good already ;) try to get a password with combination of alphabets and numbers.

8:29 PM  
Blogger T | N Y said...

Wendy, it's truely that I'm feeling sad for you right now and I know how and what it feels like to have this experience. I would have to praise you a million times for being firm, steady and keep your cool even at this moment, because I couldn't. I would curse like gangsta rapper even if my web browser acts on me when I am uploading an entry later to know, it's all gone. Therefore, be strong and confident that you can come up from scratch again if you needed to. You know we are all here for you if you just needed us because you had been there for us when we needed you (xiaxue blog). Smile and laugh always and hope to see the sun shines again!! =)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

u r da writer 4 ur own hate site? huh!

9:17 PM  
Blogger bolehblogger said...

The falling of a hero makes him a legend. Maybe you are one now.

9:48 PM  
Blogger summer said...

Anyway babe, Google does keep archives on their servers. Just be nice and ask them to retrieve them for you I guess. ;o)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Chak said...

This might help you http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/
search under C or 50a
Computer misuse act singapore

i think this falls under
Unauthorised modification of computer material, if he is a singaporean should be in trouble.
I am sure u have some lawyers among ur readers that can help you.

10:00 PM  
Blogger T | N Y said...

We will start a "Lawyer Fee" drive campaign just for you so that you can gun down those sonnawa b|@tc# hard, if that's what it takes to bring justice!!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Egghead said...

Whoever the coward and lonely little creep it is who did this, may he rot in peace!

Keep up the spirit XX!

10:24 PM  
Blogger cH said...

Hey, go use Google and search for your name. Then instead of opening it, open the cached ones. I managed to see your posts from june 22 to july 9. But you've to do it fast, else, it'll be replaced from Google cache. Anyway, I save the cached site as a backup in case. If it's really gone, I can e-mail you my copy.

11:12 PM  
Blogger cH said...

Actually can get more, just search some more.

11:15 PM  
Blogger vivthegreat said...

omF may the hacker have tapeworms growing in his intestines and rectum and anus and may they make love and reproduce and infest his whole fucking body.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Tempest Blue said...

I have you suscribed on bloglines and I can see all your previous entries all the way back to Jan 2005.

You could try looking there for your archives

2:13 AM  
Blogger Negoki said...

In what way does a security flaw in a program make it better than another that works perfectly fine? You do realise that that might be the exact same way whoever it is got into your account in the first place.

To be able to access your account with an old cookie after a password change is an obvious flaw and doesn't make IE even remotely near fair.

Speaking of which, the "hacker" might have done the same thing, used IE to have himself a cookie of your acc. so even though you've already changed it. He can still get in pretty much the same way you did.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Zzzyun said...

omg...to have such a thing 2 happen..my condolences...damn da F***ing hacker...hope u will get everything back soon...Gambateh! i know u can do it!
~We are supporting you!~

2:29 AM  
Blogger threez said...

Wendy take heart. This is a great sign of how popular and well-loved you are that someone is SO jealous that they would stoop so low as to destroy your site. Let's get to the media and you will get more hits and fans than ever after this.

2:36 AM  
Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Try cached pages by Yahoo or Google

3:24 AM  
Blogger スロ / Bernat said...

Found cached xiaxue.blogspot.com from 22 june to july 9, i send it to you, it's a pdf.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Chunchuan said...

the hacker sure is a cheebai!

4:35 AM  
Blogger RinNa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:06 AM  
Blogger RinNa said...

hey xiaxue, i'm a silent reader of your blog, but i've decided to speak up this time.. well, all of your blog readers are aware how much effort u have put into this blog and how interesting u had made it.. honestly, i've always enjoyed reading your blog, but that ass had to spoil it all.. let's all curse him and hope that he gets run over by a class 4 or class 5 vehicle as soon as possible.. do take care and be strong!!

5:09 AM  
Blogger dahliahh said...

blah! damn that cb face hacker. hope you're doing fine xiaxue. jiayou! (:

6:52 AM  
Blogger Scales said...

Wendy, not a die hard fan of yours (afterall, there is this thing called a generation gap between us, with me being much older) but I am sorry to know that your blog had been hacked.

Even if that person do not like your blog, he or she does not have a right to hack into it and deleted all your postings.

p/s to let you know how serious I am in posting this message, I got myself a blogspot account jus to leave this comment.

Cheer up!

7:40 AM  
Blogger longgun said...

I NEED TO RELEASE....!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Clement So said...

I strongly suggest you to use & download Mozilla Firefox because they are more secure. Also, it offers wider protection against hacker. So far, I am still using Mozilla Firefox. I still have no problem and many hackers can't get & bust my email & access to internet I go that stores with password.

Password changes or not, It depends how you handle it carefully.

Right now, I am in the United States studying .. I learned of this blog from a Singaporean friend.

8:41 AM  
Blogger CinDior said...

Wat? Got hacked! May the hacker be cursed, be blind the nxt day he/she woke up, fingers all twisted, get knock by bicycle but crippled! Death is too ez way out~ Dun gif up xiaxue, u can do a better one.

8:53 AM  
Blogger ye said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:04 AM  
Blogger ye said...

bolehblogger said...

The falling of a hero makes him a legend. Maybe you are one now.
--------------------------------------

and the great thing about this is, you actually have to be a hero first

ocassionally drop in to read her blog, and this is by far one of the most interesting times i've visited, and pong's hilarious
and seriously though, even though its wrong for the hacker(haha i don't even know if he/she's really a hacker or is just someone who happened to come upon the password and decided to have a few hours of joy) to hack(?)your site


going by the comments from idiots on families getting killed and raped runned over by cars, seriously and sadly, its this kind of blog that breeds these people

going by what i've read in the past, i'm quite surprised people think its not her fault because she's worked hard(?) on this

so working hard gives you immunity from disaster??
please , grow up, its one thing to enjoy reading her bitching here, its another to actually think she's right(when she's obviously wrong)

and there's something i call common sense
if you don't want to have people offended and hacking(?) into your site, you shouldn't have had such "clourful" contents
so long as you insist on bitching, be prepared to offend people who may or may not take action against you

kudos to those who are offering real help/support

9:06 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Hey Wendy.. really sad to hear that your blog have been hacked. hopefully u can get everything back ok? Jia you. My support to you. :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger `cheRie said...

omigosh! i was shocked to see the layout like dat and was wondering wat had happened until i read ur entries recently.

how could that person be so cruel? my heart goes out to u. jia you ok?? hope everything returns to normal soon! take care! =)

9:53 AM  
Blogger eliseus said...

i hope you get back all those lost posts, its really sad that such a thing shld happen. dunt worry, ther's always hope to fall back on...

10:51 AM  
Blogger T | N Y said...

My Gawd!! This post on comments sure is darn hilarious as it goes along.

12:25 PM  
Blogger squiddy said...

that fucker... HOW DARE HE!!! honestly, i didn't really like your blog because of the pink (i don't really like pink), but now that all the pink is gone, i kinda miss it... as well as your entries... i hope everything goes back to normal soon... ^^

2:10 PM  
Blogger DarthChic said...

don't give up xiaxue..i noe how it feels...my blog was hacked too

6:35 PM  
Blogger Dave Lucas said...

I was shocked when I didn't see that pretty lady in pink! This is not funny. I often wondered how secure blogger is. Everyone says "don't worry" but... all of you xiaxue readers who have your own blogs... Please back them up. Print your stuff off, or save it on CDs or diskettes, or open up a second blog account.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Pak Kadok said...

Ooohh, everyone is so sad...

All of Singapore seems to have lost a great icon, without her, how can you all carry on...

Please, you need to start a "Donate to Xiaxue Fund."

8:09 PM  
Blogger BLM said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i am sorry to hear this. this hacker is really disgusting.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Jun Xian said...

I can't remember... If I remember I might be able to help you. Now I reformat my computer.
Last time, I have a toolbar, which can view websites from the past. For example, view whatever website at maybe 2000, then they will show the things lor... but too bad...

9:26 AM  
Blogger R2K said...

I hope they catch him.

R2K

5:55 AM  
Blogger M3GAN' said...

that bastard doesn't know who he's dealing with. -.-

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home